Supports Value added activities at specified locations in accordance with the reporting Operations Manager. Works both autonomously and with the Supervision to direct staff and meet company production goals. Works to ensure quality of the operation and timeliness standards are met to satisfy customer requirements. Oversee production and assist in the safe manufacturing of orders from our customer. Perform checks on line and finished product to assure specification compliance. Responsible for clearing unused materials and setting up new materials during changeover. Maintain records of daily production, and coordinate with Operations Manager on staffing needs. Ensures a safe and clean environment.
- Works hand in hand with the Operations Manager to plan and coordinate resource needs, as well as project completion timelines
- Reads production schedules, and co-ordinates setup team.
- Work without direct oversight while still maintaining production standards.
- Manages workforce accountability and as needed escalates issues to the Operations Manager.
- Conveys materials and items from warehouse or production areas systematically.
- Create, work orders, or requests for materials, equipment, or other required items and distributes items to production line
- Runs appropriate Applications to track product and production systematically.
- Records amounts of materials or items received or distributed to each line
- Ensures count for item for use on the line to confirm inventory for production and return to stock.
- Oversees arrangement of line and parts in specified sequence for assembly by other workers to meet or exceed production standards.
- Compiles worksheets from customer specifications.
- Completes requisition forms to order materials from other plant departments.
Qualifications and Skills
- Lean manufacturing processes and understands and can implement single piece flow processes
- Ability to perform changeover and make appropriate minor adjustments to machines.
- Ability to comprehend and follow the Planning Instructions
- 2 or more years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong technical experience with the ability to quickly learn new programs and applications to support the operations
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers and common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Being proficient in Packmanager is a plus.
- Working knowledge and experience using general office software.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must be able to lift/move up to 50 lbs frequently
Job Type: Full-time Normal work hours 5:30 to 3:30 overtime required as needed
Salary: 40k to 55k depending on skills and experience
- Supervisory/ management in a production facility: 1 year (Required)
- Leadership: 2year (Required)
- Microsoft Excel: 1 year (Required)