1st Shift Quality Technician
One of the largest manufacturers of interconnect products in the world is hiring! The company designs, manufactures and markets electrical, electronic and fiber optic connectors, coaxial and flat-ribbon cable, and interconnect systems. The primary end markets for the Company’s products are communications and information processing markets, including cable television, cellular telephone and data communication and information processing systems; aerospace and military electronics; and automotive, rail and other transportation and industrial applications. Join the company as their Quality Control Technician today!
Position Summary: The Quality Control Technician tests and inspects product at various stage of the production process and compiles and evaluates statistical data to determine and maintain reliability of product.
· Write quality related documents pertaining to assigned production lines such as trace documents, rejection reports, workmanships, inspection plans and audits. Also perform first article and first piece inspection.
· Support failure analysis inspection and internal auditing; initiate corrective actions.
· Interface with other departments on quality-related items such as control plans, and FMEA’s.
· Participate in document change and control processing. Review engineering drawings for assigned programs.
· Interprets engineering drawings, schematics diagrams, or formulas and confer with management or engineering staff to determine quality and reliability standards.
· Select products for tests at specified stages in production process and tests products for variety of qualities such as dimensions, performance, and mechanical, electrical.
· Records test data. Applying statistical quality control procedures.
· Evaluates data and writes reports to validate deviations from existing standards.
· Recommends modifications of existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality within limits of equipment capability.
· Sets up and performs destructive and nondestructive tests on materials, parts, or products to measure performance, life, or material characteristics.
· Prepares graphs or charts of data or enters data into computer for analysis.
· Assists with providing training as needed with other inspection personnel.
· Supports first article measurements as required.
Skills and experience:
· 5 years experience in Quality Assurance and Manufacturing setting required
· 3 – 5 years production experience (Preferred)
· Hand held tools
· Program design
· Geometric tolerancing and dimensioning
· Demonstrated experience working with suppliers and customers
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Embraces personal and professional development
· Proficient in Microsoft Office
· Experience in quality system and supplier audits.
· Desire to make own decisions and take responsibility for outcome.
· ISO auditing
· Gate R&Rs
· Advanced organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments
· Self-starting ability
· Must lift and/or move 40 pounds
· Must be able to stand, sit, bend and have good balance
· Safety glasses are required on the floor
· Other personal protective equipment is required on specific jobs
· This position has supervisory responsibilities
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 per hour
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with proof of vaccination to work at this location.